Art Director, Allen & Gerritsen, Boston, MA
July 2015 – Present
Studio Artist, Allen & Gerritsen, Boston, MA
July 2014 – June 2015
Assistant Studio Artist, Allen & Gerritsen, Boston, MA
October 2012 – July 2014
- Work in the studio designing print and digital ads, and provide support for art directors. Client work includes: Friendly’s, Kamik, Museum of Science, the Ninety-Nine, Papa Gino’s, and Staples.
Designer, Boston University Marketing & Communications, Boston, MA
June 2011 – August 2012
- Worked in creative services at BU’s in-house agency on print publications, collateral pieces and advertisements for schools at BU.
Graduate Assistant, Boston University College of Fine Arts, Boston, MA
September 2010 – May 2012
- Managed 10 undergraduate students in a site-specific art course, teaching 3 hours/week without the professor. Mentored students in developing a proposal for a site specific piece at Boston University, while teaching design software.
Designer, Boston University Howard Thurman Center, Boston, MA
September 2010 – May 2011
- Designed a wall mural for Boston University’s Howard Thurman Center. Worked directly with the commercial printing company, Seaport Graphics, through the production and installation process.
Torch Tour Ambassador, Cenergy & Empire State Games, NY
June 2010 – July 2010
- Promoted the Empire State Games on a Torch Tour around NY State for 5 weeks, by building excitement around the Game’s return to Buffalo in 2010. Tour stops included setting up a 20’x10′ display, taking visitor’s photograph holding the actual Game’s torch, interviewing with local media and keeping a blog (Torch Tour Blog).
Creative Intern, Cenergy Activating Brands, East Aurora, NY
May 2010 – August 2010
- Intern-type work in the creative department. You know how it is.
Creative Intern, McConnells Advertising Service, Ltd, Dublin, Ireland
June – July 2009
- Worked on live briefs in the creative department as both a copywriter and art director. Wrote radio and television commercials and designed print advertisements, logos, and brochures. Had face-time with clients.
Designer, Boston University, Boston, MA
January 2007 – May 2008
- Designed a wall mural for Boston University. Worked directly with the commercial printing company, Seaport Graphics, through the production and installation process.
Boston University College of Fine Arts, Master of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
Boston University College of Communication, Cum Laude Bachelor of Science in Mass Communication (Advertising), Minor in Art History, Visual Arts
Dublin City University, Summer 2009 8 Credit Internship Program
- Hatch Award (Merit) – Newspaper Campaign / Client: Museum of Science 4D Film, 2015
- Hatch Award (Merit) – Out-of-Home Campaign / Client: Museum of Science Last Reef, 2013
- Hatch Award (Merit) – Single Entry Out-of-Home Campaign / Client: Museum of Science Last Reef, 2013
- East Aurora High School Hall of Fame, Fall 2011
- Blue Chip Award: awarded by the Alumni Board of the College of Communication to 8 seniors exemplifying leadership, academic excellence, talent in field, and service
- 2010 College of Communication Commencement Speaker
- National Student Advertising Competition first place team District 1
- America East Indoor Track All-Academic Team: must have a 3.3 GPA and be an important contributer to their team
- Dean’s List 2010, graduated Cum Laude
- New Balance Boston runner, 2011-present
- Volunteer Assistant Track Coach, Boston University, 2011-2012
- Creative Team member on Boston University’s National Student Advertising Competition Team (NSAC), 2009-2010
- Captain of Boston University’s Div. I Cross Country and Track & Field Teams, 2008-2010
- InterVarsity Christian Fellowship: Athlete Chapter, 2007-2010
- Student Athlete Advisory Council Team Representative, 2008-2010
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash
- Illustration, watercolor painting
- Certified large passenger van driver